Monday, May 21, 2012

Christmas in China








I thought I would try to slowly catch a bit and so I decided to start with our Christmas in China. I will have to say It was very different this year. At times this was very hard for me because Christmas is my favorite time of year. No we didn't have every tradition and every bell and whistle we are used to. we did though have each other, family, friends, and the joy and spirit of Christmas! Really that is all we needed. I know my family will look back and remember this Christmas as a very special one. Santa even left us 100s of Christmas balloons that I'm pretty sure only happens in China........... I guess we will see. I think all of us were most excited about the rug Jared got for me. Our apartment had all tile and It was very cold and hard. When we got the rug the kids rolled around on it for hours. Its funny how that silly little thing made it feel more like home.

3 comments:

The Dabo's said...

That's so cool. I'm excited to learn a little more about China! You have the cutest little family ever!

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

your apartment looked so cute! i know what you mean with the rug...in baltimore we have all wood floors and it echos and feels so cold without carpet!

ChrissyLee said...

Happy Birthday Karlee! Hope you're having a good day.

I tried texting the number you gave me about a year ago, but I wished Happy Birthday to some dude named Wade! ;) good times.